How Do I Know If My Insurance Covers My Eye Care?
When you’re having difficulty seeing it affects your whole life. Eye strain, headaches, fatigue and not to mention accidents as a result of unseen obstacles or poor night vision. When visiting your eye doctor, the last thing you should have to worry about is, “will my insurance cover my visit to the eye doctor?”
Center For Sight dedicates itself to providing the latest, state-of-the art techniques and equipment. We offer personalized eye care services, ranging from eye exams to customized microsurgery. Major insurances cover many eye exams and treatment options.
Here Are Some Things You Should Know About Vision Insurance:
- Center For Sights’ board certified ophthalmologists accept all major insurance plans. If you are wondering if you are covered, simply call, (702) 724-2020 and we’ll check your eligibility.
- Vision insurance and eye health insurance are different programs and have different benefits.
- General medical insurance covers an eye exam when there is a medical diagnosis for your vision disorder including: cataracts, glaucoma or diabetes. Most insurance plans do not cover the refraction, which is testing for your glasses prescription.
- Vision insurance is a separate insurance plan from your medical insurance. An example of Vision Insurance is, Vision Service Plan (VSP). VSP covers your eye exam, refraction and sometimes eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Medical and vision insurance plans may have a copay which we collect at the time of your appointment. This is the patient’s responsibility.
- At Center For Sight we bill your insurance for you and accept the insurance payment for all covered services.
If you are interested in learning more about our services or would like to know what services your insurance covers, give us a call at (702) 724-2020 or click here.