5 Things to Consider When Choosing a LASIK Surgeon
If you’ve decided to take the leap and have LASIK, congratulations! You’re going to love the freedom that a life of improved vision unhindered by glasses and contacts can give you! Free to swim. Free to hike or bike. Free to travel. To work. To play. To parent. To live your life the way you want to live it.
Your next step is finding the right LASIK surgeon for you – one that makes you feel comfortable and confident. At Center For Sight Las Vegas, we are dedicated to making sure our patients have all the information they need to make an informed decision. After all, we only get one set of eyes for a lifetime and caring for them is essential!
Tips for Choosing a LASIK Surgeon
Thanks (in part) to the magic of the internet, knowing what to look for and what questions to ask when searching for a LASIK surgeon isn’t hard. But old-fashioned word of mouth still tops the list! Some important considerations when you research qualifications, skills and reputation of refractive surgeons should include:
- Word of mouth. Knowing someone who has had LASIK and is thrilled with their results is probably the number one way people decide who to trust with their own LASIK procedure. Check out Jacob’s LASIK story. It’s one of our favorites!
- Experience. Experience always matters, especially in a surgeon. How many years has the surgeon you’re considering practiced? How many LASIK procedures has he or she performed during that time? Our experienced surgical team, led by Dr. Eva Liang, has helped thousands of patients achieve the freedom of better vision.
- Technology. This really goes hand-in-hand with experience. Look for a practice that uses the latest diagnostic and treatment technology, including state-of-the-art laser platforms. At Center For Sight, we are committed to using the newest, most advanced technology on behalf of the patients we serve.
- Board certification. This means the American Board of Medical Specialties has certified the surgeon to practice his or her specialty. For LASIK searches, the American Board of Ophthalmology requires board-certified physicians to complete specific training and continuing education related to the field of ophthalmology. All of our ophthalmologists are certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- Awards. This is a BIG one and it matters! We don’t want to brag but we think our Best of Las Vegas awards (in all three eye care categories) speak for themselves.
What to Ask at Your LASIK Consultation
At Center for Sight, we offer a FREE LASIK consult to educate people considering LASIK and to determine candidacy. But this consult is also a great opportunity for you to interview us! Some things you are welcome to ask us:
- How long have you been performing LASIK? Our very own Dr. Eva Liang has surgically preserved and enhanced the sight of more than 20,000 patients!
- How will I know if LASIK is right for me? Our comprehensive LASIK consultation includes extensive testing to determine if LASIK is the best option for your unique vision.
- Do you offer financing options to pay out LASIK over time? Yes! Here at Center For Sight, we believe that quality eye care should be accessible to everyone and that’s why we work hard to make LASIK affordable for you. If cost concerns you, don’t let it. Talk to us!
Center For Sight is a Las Vegas LASIK Leader
At Center For Sight, we know that excellent outcomes are directly linked to excellent patient care. We understand that each patient has unique vision needs and goals. Our accomplished refractive surgeons have been at the forefront of vision correction since our earliest days. At Center For Sight, we have helped thousands of patients achieve the freedom of better vision. Many of these patients have chosen vision correction with our popular All-Laser LASIK.
Why not trust your own LASIK journey to a team of nationally-renowned, proven experts in LASIK surgery? Schedule your FREE LASIK consultation today to discover what it means to have 20/Happy vision courtesy of Center For Sight.